Oregon Institute of Technology
Salary Range: $3,623 – $4,175
Benefits: Generous benefits package which includes comprehensive healthcare and an employer-contributed retirement plan
Requisition #: 17-11013
Application Deadline: April 17, 2017
Oregon Tech invites applications for an Accountant 2 for the Business Affairs Office. This is a twelve-month, full-time position, with benefits. This position is part of the Business Affairs department at Oregon Tech, an institution of higher education serving over 4,000 students. The purpose of the Business Affairs Office is to administer all financial affairs related to the support of the institution, including the following functions: accounts payable, accounts receivable, cashiering, financial aid refunding, grant accounting, payroll, tax compliance and general accounting.4/1
The Accountant 2 is responsible for ensuring accurate accounting for student loans and financial aid, including Federal Title IV programs, and to perform post award grants and contracts accounting. This position coordinates activities in the area of student loans and financial aid disbursement to ensure a smooth flow of services and operations which may include tracking, scheduling, and delivery of services, reconciling accounts, and maintaining accounting controls.
- 30 quarter (20 semester) hours of college-level accounting courses and five years of experience;
- Bachelor's degree with 30 quarter (20 semester) hours of accounting courses and three years of accounting experience;
- Bachelor's degree with a CPA or PA certificate and three years of accounting experience.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
• Excellent organization skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Previous experience working in a higher education environment
• Previous experience working in a government organization
• Banner experience
How to Apply:
Application deadline is April 17, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. To apply, complete an Oregon Tech application at www.oit.edu/jobapp for job #17-11013. Application materials is also available at the Oregon Tech Office of Human Resources, 3201 Campus Drive, Klamath Falls, OR 97601. For more information, call (541) 885-1120.